Tyrant Mechwarriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improve my deck

4 posters

Go down

Improve my deck Empty Improve my deck

Post  Starchaser22 Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 am

Hey everyone, here is my current deck; I'd like to have some tips from you on how to improve it, e.g. I have a Draconian Queen but I rarely use her and she is usually the last card left on my hand, so maybe we can find something better here.

Commander:
Atlas (10 HP, Strike 1)

Deck:
Tiamat (1/3, 1 Wait, Flying, Strike 2)
Predator (2/3, 1 Wait, Strike 1, Antiair 1)
Rifter (2/5, 3 Wait, Flying, Strike All 1, Poison 1)
Daemon (4/5, 3 Wait, Jam, Antiair 2)
Draconian Queen (3/6, 4 Wait, Flying, Rally BT 1, Leech 4)
Arc Trooper (2/5, 1 Wait, Immobilize)
EMP (Strike all 2)
Poseidon (2/6, 3 Wait, Antiair 2, Heal all 1, Siege 2)
Cannon Walker (1/5, 1 Wait, Siege 2, Antiair 3)
Sabre (2/3, 2 Wait, Pierce 3, Strike all 1)
Starchaser22
Starchaser22

Back to top Go down

Improve my deck Empty Chronos

Post  2human Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 am

My advice would be probably to replace your cannon walker with a Chronos (3/5 wait 3 strike 3) its a strong card and since it has strike 3 you don't have to worry about it missing flying, which I'm assuming is why you had cannon walker
2human
2human
Admin

https://mechwarriors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Improve my deck Empty Re: Improve my deck

Post  Starchaser22 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 am

Actually I have the cannon walker in it for its siege 2, flyers aren't that much of a problem cause I have several flyers and antiair units. But apart from Poseidon Cannon Walker is my only card with siege; and since Poseidon needs 3 turns till he can be used, I need a unit that can use siege quickly -this is where the Cannon Walker comes into play. It also has a lot of health, so it can use siege until poseidon is ready.
Also, I don't have a Chronos XD
Starchaser22
Starchaser22

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 am

OH I see... well then i am obviously gonna recommend omega! easily one of the most well rounded cards in the game and an invaluable quick striker.
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Starchaser22 Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 am

Yeah Omega would be a perfect choice... IF I had one ^^ (it's one of the few cards that I still don't have, atm I have like 102/111 or so).

What do you think of:
Stealthy Niaq, 3/3, Wait 2, Evade, Jam, Poison 1
?
Starchaser22
Starchaser22

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Niaq is good but I feel like he just doesn't fit into the deck if you wanted to throw together a defensive xeno deck Definitely put him in but I tried him in my strike deck and he just kinda broke up momentum. you might have a different experience with it though. also id consider dropping in a chaos wave. I put one in mine and it helps keep your units alive while damaging there's and if you're lucky enough the mimic can be just as good as an emp
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Starchaser22 Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:25 am

Sounds good, but which card would you replace with chaos wave?

Oh and I just got a Shapeshifter (2/4, 1 Wait, Mimic) for finishing the final side mission; what do you think of it?
Starchaser22
Starchaser22

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 am

Its kind of incredible that's what I think! But it definitely works better in a bt rush deck. I would drop drac queen (I've never been a fan of the 4 wait) and pop in the chaos wave that way you should have some nice firepower without losing any of you quick starters
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Starchaser22 Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 am

Thx for the advice I'll definitely try that!

Btw, I just opened a pack and got a Hydra (2/2, 2 Wait, Armored 2, Siege 2, AntiAir 2). It seems pretty well rounded too, what do you think?
Starchaser22
Starchaser22

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 am

Despite how it looks when it comes out I find it rather underwhelming. I have two of them and I keep trying to make them work in my decks but they just seem to die too quickly maybe I just haven't been using them right.
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JupiterLucatious Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 am

The hydras are my friends, their anti air and siege makes them good for specific things, and two armor is helpful when they try weak little quick things, if nothing else they can help buy time until other, longer wait cards can get into play. I guess they save me about as often as they simply sit there and buy time for other units, the only trouble is strike tears them apart. . .

JupiterLucatious

Back to top Go down

Post  Starchaser22 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 pm

New possible candidates for my deck:

Ixnedrone (2/3, 1 Wait, counter 1 siege 1) (Reward for Xeno Walker raid)
This is a fast unit that has nice abilities, especially the siege would be useful in my deck.

Gatling Tower (Structure, 5 HP, 2 Wait, Strike 1, Jam, Weaken 1 (Reward for Siege on Kor raid)
Same here, 3 nice abilities combined in one card. However, it would be the first and only structure in my deck, and thus create a new weakness, i.e. siege

What do you think of these cards?
Starchaser22
Starchaser22

Back to top Go down

Post  edudecation Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Ixnedrone seems to be good, but idk if it can change the battle in the chaos (some units at each side)...
I prefer to get it early in the battle.

My deck is a classic one, without poseidon (I find it not very effective imo) :
*Atlas
(one of each) Havoc, Hatchet, Daemon, Tiamat, Airstrike, Dominated Hatchlings, Apex, Rifter, Predator and Arc Trooper.

No structure, no EMP, Niaq, Goliath or Nimbus ('cause I don't have them), and not a single fuck was given that day.
So ... In my future deck, I want to replace Apex or Havoc (idk) by Hellion or Spawn (new BT with Split).
edudecation
edudecation

https://www.facebook.com/fabien.duval1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum