Tyrant Mechwarriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BT rush deck

3 posters

Go down

BT rush deck Empty BT rush deck

Post  2human Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Here's my current defensive deck

Vampire x3
Hatchetx2
Mimic x1
Asylum x3
Venomous Raptor x1

Its a simple rush deck. I'm happy to take criticism if anyone has any improvements.
2human
2human
Admin

https://mechwarriors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BT rush deck Empty Re: BT rush deck

Post  Avatar73 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Ok, my theory is that if we don't try and criticise each others decks, nothing will improve! So I would have to say....

Hatchet and Vampire seem to be decent def cards.

Venomous Raptor has high health but low attack and 2 delay.
Consider something with higher attack?
However, with rally the attack will go up. plus poison is useful.

I would perhaps be wary of having 3 asylums. This is my only real worry here.
What's the point in banging out 3 walls, only for the enemy to have 3+ assault cards out
bashing them down. You'll never get an offensive unit out! it will be eaten alive.
Im not sure how the AI plays decks, but I think the danger is it cud put out multiple walls if
those cards are available. I would consider perhaps having just 1 wall and replacing the other 2
with different cards. Perhaps Annelid mass? This is useful cus it has 0 wait, and with Molort giving +1 rally
it would get a 2 attack right off the bat. Perhaps something else. Just consider not having the 3 walls.
However, if ur def deck seems to get a bunch of points then i guess it's ok!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks for that I didn't even think of the three walls! Ive dropped two of them and venomous raptor and put in another hatchet and two airstrikes (to finish off the stronger cards that might be too much for my units) I was wary of putting action cards in because of the possibility of dropping them on an open field but on defense I guess that isn't really an issue. So now it looks like this:

Com: Malort

Vampire x3
Hatchet x 3
Mimic x1
Asylum x1
Airstrike x2
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar73 Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah I think airstrikes are a good bet.

I heard of one def deck that involves SEVEN airstrikes and then a couple of assault units to pick off the pieces!
Of course airstrikes start to fail if the enemy health is 5+, but then a 5+ health unit probably has a longer drop time anyway.

Of course airstrike *could* be wasted if they play a structure 1st; I believe the AI plays actions first in general.
However, I don't think most ppl lead with a structure, or else u probably will lose to a rush deck.

I would bear the Venomous Raptor in mind, as it does seem a reasonable card to have, maybe in place of one hatchet?
It's up to you really.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah i'm playing around with it but Raptor is still definitely a strong card. I think it loses some of its appeal when I lose the extra oomph from the asylums but ill keep testing it to see which way works better
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blubb4711 Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 pm

I think, you need siege in your def deck. I would attack you with my rush raider deck (5 x impulse walker, 3 x rally flags, cannon walker and missile silo...). you can't do anything against my silo and my flags... and trust me, you will have a huge problem after a while... ;-)

On the other hand, I'm not sure, how many other people have such a weird deck ;-)

Blubb4711

Back to top Go down

Post  2human Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Its a legitimate concern believe me I've tried to think of a solution but I cant find anything decent to put in that doesn't disrupt the flow in BT. If you can think of anything please let me know.
2human
2human
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar73 Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

yes thats a good point! but the problem with def decks is you cant defeat all the enemies all the time; you have to compromise.

Hence within a faction it's good to have a mix of defenses. Suppose you fight 2human and get beaten - so decide to bring out ur weird raider deck. Hopefully the next battle you get matched with someone who has a bit of siege! etc.

Unfortunately i don't think there is a deck that will always win; but by suggesting improvements we can try to up our def rate!

So...... maybe instead of a hatchet, try a card with a 1 drop rate and some siege? Not sure of anything off hand tho!
If there is nothing then just leave it - if you try to combat everything at once then ur deck ends up defending nothing!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blubb4711 Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm totally with you avatar! I think, it's impossible to set up a deck to defend everything. I just saw a weak point here and I think this is good to know

unfortunatly, I don't see a solution within the BT flow, but I will think about it. I think BT don't have a fast operating card with siege, but I'm not sure... Omega could be useful, but, of course, it's not BT

Blubb4711

Back to top Go down

Post  Avatar73 Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:53 pm

hmm.... possibly cannon walker? ok its raider, but its good health, anti-air, and 2 siege.

ur right tho, omega probably better if you have it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down