Tyrant Mechwarriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Deck Coordination

3 posters

Go down

Defense Deck Coordination Empty Defense Deck Coordination

Post  Carnifex84 Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:17 am

So I think it's a great idea to post decks on here for advice and critique, especially defense decks. I like what you guys were talking about in the other thread about varying the kinds of decks we have so that one type of deck won't walk through all of us during a war.

I've been wondering a little, what about about having some people run specific race killers? Perhaps it's not great, but newer people with not a lot of good cards can still make a totally bad-ass xeno killer with Valkyrie's for example.... I don't know, just a thought.

Here's the defense Deck I'm running right now, but I see that it's really the same as several other's that you all have and probably a little worse:

Defense Deck Coordination TyrantBTDeck

This is one that I was running in arena tonight, and it's not terrible, but it could definitely use some work. The main problem that I've been having is that all my damage is done by the Daemon. If that dies early on or isn't played until late, I just don't kill units. It's other weakness is of course Strike, but I'm willing to let that go because this killed an Irradiated Infantry and a BT rush and I think that it could be a nice change from the rushes some of you others are running.

Defense Deck Coordination TyrantWeakenDeck

Carnifex84

Back to top Go down

Defense Deck Coordination Empty Re: Defense Deck Coordination

Post  2human Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 am

First of all I would love to get organized with our defensive decks. When everyone has posted their decks in the forum I intend to start asking for volunteers to go either specific race killers or specific design.

As for your weaken deck it seems very effective at stopping heavy hitters and rush decks and the only real improvement I could think of is replacing your corrupter with an aegis (it will provide the heal all 2 which should help to counter a little of the strike issue).

Your BT defensive deck is good but I would definitely recommend dropping at least one of your asylums in exchange for a heavy hitter like mawcor or venomous raptor.
2human
2human
Admin

https://mechwarriors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Defense Deck Coordination Empty This was/is a good idea.

Post  TheAdvantage Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:59 am

Coordinating defensive decks might still be a good idea for helping us stop the bleeding at the moment. What do you guys think about trying to setup a balanced defensive front? It would help us score more on defense without having to increase activity. If we could catch a higher percentage of people off guard it would help tremendously. A variety of anti-xeno, anti-strike, def rushes, wall-stalls, counters, etc., would tremendously increase our chances of successful defenses. Of course this would take some good communication and coordination on at least 15-20 (or so?) of our factions part. If you guys are down lets do it, if we can't get enough people then so it goes but that's cool too, understandable.

I have had good success out of the counter deck I posted in the other deck thread. I will post that here and my newly tweaked wall stall that has had some good scores as well. Defense Deck Coordination Counte12 Defense Deck Coordination Wallst10

I have more of everything there too for more tweaking if anyone has suggestions. Also I could make more deck variations if we need be. What do you guys think?

TheAdvantage

Back to top Go down

Defense Deck Coordination Empty Re: Defense Deck Coordination

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down